Outreach Team Information
The City of Cambridge will launch its sixth Participatory Budgeting cycle (PB6) from May-December 2019. This time, the City will set aside $1,000,000 for capital projects to improve the community. Winning projects from past PB cycles include a public toilet in Central Square, musical instruments for CRLS, a freezer van for prepared food rescue, solar panels for the Main Library roof, water bottle fill stations, and many others.
We seek volunteers to serve on the PB6 Outreach Team to help ensure that the PB process engages as many community members as possible. Click here to get involved!
Outreach Team Responsibilities:
Outreach Team members will serve throughout the PB6 cycle (May-December 2019) by:
• Organizing community events and promoting PB through your networks and social media
• Attending monthly outreach check-in sessions from May-November (no meeting in September)
• Distributing PB flyers, doorhangers, and posters around Cambridge
• Setting up and/or volunteering for at least four idea collection events in June/July
• Setting up and/or volunteering for at least four voting events in December
• Working in mobile voting teams during Vote Week in December to increase voter turnout
• Recruiting volunteers to serve as Budget Delegates
Outreach Team (OC) Schedule:
OT Meeting 1: Tues 5/21/2019 at 6:30-8pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
Idea Collection Thu 6/1 - Mon 7/31 Times and locations TBD
OT Meeting 2: Tues 6/4 at 6-7:30pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
OT Meeting 3: Mon 7/1 at 6-7:30pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
OT Meeting 4: Mon 8/5 at 6-7:30pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
OT Meeting 5: Wed 10/16 at 6-7:30pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
OT Meeting 6: Wed 11/13 at 6-7:30pm in City Hall (795 Mass. Ave.), Ackermann Room
Vote Kickoff: Sun 12/1 Time and location TBD
PB Vote Week: Sat 12/1 – Sat/Sun 12/7-8 Times and locations TBD
Vote Results Party: Tues 12/10 Time and location TBD
Outreach Team members will work closely with Budget Office staff to make PB6 the most successful cycle yet. Food will be provided at Outreach Team meetings and each volunteer will receive a PB T-shirt.
If you are interested in serving on the PB Cambridge Outreach Team, please sign up here by May 15, 2019!
Thank you for supporting Participatory Budgeting in Cambridge!
If you're interested in learning more about the PB process or have any questions, please contact Matt in the City's Budget Office at email@example.com or (617) 349-4270.