Volunteer for the PB 10 Vote!
Bring PB to your community! With the 10th Participatory Budgeting vote coming up in March 2024, the Cambridge Budget Office is seeking volunteers to serve on the PB10 Voting Team to help ensure that the PB10 process engages as many community members as possible.
The PB10 Voting Team will help out with the PB vote by:
- Attending an introductory volunteer meeting on February 15, 2024 from 6-7:30 PM at Cambridge City Hall
- Organizing community events and promoting PB through your networks and social media
- Distributing PB flyers, posters, and PB materials around Cambridge
- Setting up and/or volunteering for at least three voting events in February and March 2024
- Working in mobile voting teams during Vote Week in March to increase voter turnout.
If you have a particular community you believe would be interested in learning about a PB vote, have ideas on how to enhance PB voting around Cambridge, or are simply excited about the PB10 vote, please sign up with the link below to volunteer!
Volunteer PB Delegates
PB Delegates are essential to Participatory Budgeting. Volunteering is a great opportunity to become a community leader, develop team-building skills, get to know your neighbors, learn about Cambridge, and help make your city a better place. Serving as a PB Delegate requires a significant time commitment from October through early December and a commitment to one 2-hour follow-up meeting in mid-January. Please review the schedule below to decide whether this role is right for you.
Budget Delegate Schedule:
- Budget Delegate Orientation: Thursday, October 5 from 6-8 pm at Cambridge City Hall. Learn more about the process, choose your committee, and meet your teammates and facilitator.
- Weekly Committee meetings: PB Delegate Committees will meet once a week from October through early December to review, research, and prioritize ideas. Meetings will take place on Zoom Wednesday evenings from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Speed Consultations with City staff: The Budget Office will organize two sessions for PB delegates to meet with City staff in November. Think of it as Department speed dating – PB Delegates will move around talking with and asking questions of various department representatives regarding relevant PB proposals. Budget Office staff will help coordinate communication with departments outside of these consultations as well.
- Delegates submit Proposal Shortlist to the Budget Office: Early December. Delegates do not need to meet while City staff are evaluating shortlisted proposals. City staff will provide final feedback and cost estimates to Delegates in early January.
- Delegates submit final ballot text to Budget Office: Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- PB Vote week: March 2024. Tell your friends, colleagues, and families to vote!
- PB Vote Results Party: Date and time TBD. Find out which projects won $2 million in funding!
Sign-ups to become a PB Delegate are now closed for the PB10 cycle. If you are interested in becoming a delegate for future cycles, please join our PB email list HERE to receive future volunteer and PB information, and/or sign up above to volunteer for the vote.