Volunteer to be a PB Delegate!
PB Delegates are essential to Participatory Budgeting. Volunteering is a great opportunity to become a community leader, develop team-building skills, get to know your neighbors, learn about Cambridge, and help make your city a better place. Serving as a PB Delegate requires a significant time commitment from August through October, and a smaller time commitment in mid to late November. Please review the schedule below to decide whether this role is right for you. The participation format of the proposal development process will be finalized at a later date.
Budget Delegate Schedule:
- Budget Delegate Orientation: Wednesday, August 3 from 6-8 pm (Location/format TBD). Learn more about the process, choose your committee, and meet your teammates and facilitator.
- Weekly Committee meetings: PB Delegate Committees will meet weekly from mid-August through late October to review, research and prioritize ideas. Committees don’t have to meet every single week, but 6-8 2-hour meetings will likely be necessary to meet objectives. Budget Office staff will help find meeting space.
- Speed Consultations with City staff: The Budget Office will organize two sessions for PB delegates to meet with City staff, one in early September and one in late September/early October. Think of it as Department speed dating – PB Delegates will move around talking with and asking questions of various department representatives. Budget Office staff will help coordinate communication with departments outside of these consultations as well.
- Delegates submit Proposal Shortlist to Budget Office: Mid October. Delegates do not need to meet while City staff are evaluating shortlisted proposals. City staff will provide final feedback and cost estimates to Delegates in early November.
- Delegates submit final ballot text to Budget Office: Thursday November 10 by 5pm.
- PB Vote week: Thursday December 1 – Sunday December 11. Tell your friends, colleagues, and families to vote!
- PB Vote Results Party: Wednesday December 14 from 6-7pm. Find out which projects won $1,000,000 in funding!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
If you have any questions regarding PB volunteer opportunities, please contact Jackson Price at [email protected] or call 617-349-4270. Thank you for supporting Participatory Budgeting in Cambridge!