The City is setting aside $1 million in FY24 capital funds for the 9th PB cycle. Projects are eligible for funding if they meet the following criteria:
- Benefit the public
- Are one-time expenditures that cost $1 million or less
Are capital projects, (something bought or built)
- Most capital projects have some sort of associated operating cost. Projects that would require the City to hire additional staff are not eligible.
Are implemented by the City of Cambridge on City property (streets, sidewalks, parks, libraries, schools, youth centers, senior centers, municipal buildings, etc.)
- Projects on Cambridge Housing Authority, DCR, and MBTA property are not eligible.
- PB funding cannot be used to make a grant to a nonprofit organization.
- Are consistent with existing City policies
Before being submitted to the public vote, all projects must be approved by the City Manager to ensure they meet all of the legal requirements of capital projects.