From August-November, 40+ Budget Delegates will work in four committees to research, assess, and prioritize all of the submitted ideas and ultimately develop the following 20 final proposals for the December 2020 PB ballot.
Read the PB8 Budget Delegate Guide to find out more about the proposal development process.
PB Cycle 8 Timeline
- Community members brainstorm and submit IDEAS (June 1-July 31, 2021)
- Planning/recruitment of OUTREACH TEAM and coordination with the Cambridge Community Corps (July 2021)
- Volunteer Budget Delegates turn ideas into concrete project PROPOSALS (August-November 2021)
- City staff vet proposals for FEASIBILITY and COST (November 2021)
- Residents VOTE on which projects they’d like the City to fund (December 3-12, 2021)
- RESULTS are announced and winning projects are included in the City’s FY23 Capital Budget (December 14, 2021)
- Projects are IMPLEMENTED (July 1, 2022 onward)
To read about all of the ideas that were submitted in the eighth cycle, please click the map below: