We are going to hold the mandatory orientation for Volunteer Facilitators on Saturday, January 10th from 10am-12:30pm at the Main Library (449 Broadway). Please RSVP to PB@cambridgema.gov and let us know you can make it.
Facilitators will make sure that Budget Delegates move through the timeline in a timely fashion, and that Budget Delegate committees are inclusive spaces in which all Delegates can participate fully and equally.
Roles & Responsibilities of Volunteer Facilitators
Work with one budget delegate committee (approx. 5-10 people), including:
- Facilitate 3-4 meetings per month from January-March 2015.
- Ensure that all Delegates are able to participate, serving as a neutral force on the committee.
- Serve as a point of contact between the Budget Delegate committee and City staff.
- Communicate regularly with the Budget Delegate committee, including phone and email reminders of meetings, as needed.
- Connect Budget Delegates with information and resources. Facilitators are not expected to do research on behalf of the committee.
- Help plan agendas for Budget Delegate meetings, ensure notes are taken at each meeting, and ensure that the committee meets all deadlines.
- Attend all other Budget Delegate events (Project Expos, department meetings, etc) with the committee.
Time Commitment: 3-6 hours per week, January to March 2015
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at PB@cambridgema.gov or (617) 349-3266.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Google map and directions