The results are in for the City of Cambridge’s fifth Participatory Budget (PB) Process. Over 6,849 Cambridge residents age 12 and older voted to decide how to spend $900,000 on capital projects to improve the community – the most votes yet in a PB process in Cambridge.
The following 6 projects won $925,000 in FY20 Capital Funding:
- Trees, please! ($200,000)
- Water Fountains in Every Park ($90,000)
- Protect the Health and Safety of our Firefighters ($110,000)
- Smoother Cycling ($250,000)
- Clean Up Cambridge ($125,000)
- Rain Gardens for Resiliency ($150,000)
Please see below for a breakdown of PB votes by project.
Voters were able to choose up to 5 projects on the ballot. Special thanks to the City Manager for fully funding the sixth winning project!
Many thanks to our extraordinary volunteers, facilitators, City of Cambridge staff, and all of the other residents and participants who helped make the City's fifth PB process a success.