Committee: Culture & Community Facilities
Location: Residents to request as needed
Short Description: A vehicle or trailer, equipped with supplies needed for bringing neighbors together at outdoor block parties.
Long Description: Block parties are designed to unite neighbors, strengthen communities, help promote safety, improve communication, and celebrate collective efforts within the community. When community members apply for a block party permit, they can also sign up to borrow the trailer and equipment from the City.
This project will be beneficial in neighborhoods with low-income residents, especially households/families with youth and young adults like Area IV and areas with a large concentration of seniors, during favorable weather conditions. A stronger sense of community could subsequently attract more people to the neighborhood and invariably increase property values and reputation.
The block party trailer/vehicle would come equipped with:
- Commercial charcoal grill
- Tiki torches
- No Parking signs (portable barricades)
- Portable sound system with microphone and stands (for announcements and music)
- Traffic safety cones (to block street ends)
- Pop-up shade canopies/tents
- Folding tables and chairs
- Sports equipment and games
- Trash and recycling receptacles
- Ice chests
- Popcorn machine
- Snow-cone machine
- Drink coolers
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher