The results of the 2017 Participatory Budgeting vote are in!
6,778 Cambridge residents age 12+ voted between December 2-8, 2017. This is a 43% increase over the previous year! Many thanks to our Outreach Committee, Budget Delegates, and other volunteers who worked hard to spread the word.
The following 7 projects won $867,000 in FY19 capital funding:
- 100 Trees for a Cleaner, Greener Cambridge ($141,000)
- Critical Resource Kits for the Homeless ($50,000)
- Flashing Crosswalks for Safer Streets ($176,000)
- Drinking Water Across More Parks ($100,000)
- New Musical Instruments for CRLS ($200,000)
- Jade Chain: Living Moss Walls to Combat Pollution ($100,000)
- Upgrade the Gately Youth Center ($100,000)
Please see below for a breakdown of PB votes by project.
Voters were able to choose up to 5 projects on the ballot. Special thanks to the City Manager for fully funding the seventh winning project!
Many thanks to our extraordinary volunteers, facilitators, City of Cambridge staff, and all of the other residents and participants who helped make the City's fourth PB process a success.